Knighton and District Refugee Support Group
The aims of the group are to welcome and support people seeking refuge in the UK by:
- PROVIDING information to our own community about the plight of people seeking refuge.
- PROVIDING respite and sanctuary in the Knighton area.
- PROMOTING mutual understanding and the provision of assistance using the skills of people in the locality.
- RAISING AWARENESS, raising funds and campaigning to support our aims.
The group has:
- RAISED £3,525 in the last couple of years, for example through music events, a music marathon, second-hand sales, coffee mornings etc.
- RUN a respite weekend for refugees who live in Swansea
- FINANCIALLY SUPPORTED Syrian refugees who have recently arrived in Powys under the special UK Government scheme
- PRODUCED a local display to raise awareness
- HELPED to provide supplies to refugee camps in France.
You can become a member of the Knighton and District Refugee Support Group. There is no fee. The group has just started an electronic newsletter for members to help raise awareness of refugee issues.
Download a copy of the KDRSG leaflet here.
For more information about the Knighton and District Refugee Support Group or to offer your help and support please contact our admin staff at email@example.com or use the form below.
(NB: for information about the Poetry Marathon only, please go here.)